The Charles E. Hawkins Squadron is an affiliated squadron of the Texas Navy Association, based in Galveston, Texas and formally commissioned on September 17, 2016. The squadron meets every other month, in January, March, May, July, September, and November. Meetings often feature guest speakers discussing a range of historical topics, and are open to the public. The Hawkins Squadron also participates in a number of commemorative and educational events, including Texian Navy Day in September.
The Texas Navy Association is a private, 501(c)(3) organization, dedicated to preserving and promoting the historical legacy of the naval forces of the Republic of Texas, 1835-45. Membership in both the Charles E. Hawkins Squadron and the Texas Navy Association is open to all persons age 16 and over who have an interest in Texas history and want to help support the goals of the organization.
Charles E. Hawkins Squadron Officers, 2016-17
- Commander – Adm. Chester F. Barnes, II: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Commander/TNA Board Rep. – Adm. Butch Spafford: email@example.com
- Operations Officer/Historian – Adm. Andy Hall: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary – Adm. Lawren Hall
- Treasurer -Adm. Dennis Miller
- Board Aide-de-Camp – Commander Bryan Fitch
- Chaplain – Adm. Reverend Stephen Duncan
- Commander Emeritus – Adm. Jim Earthman
- Commander Emeritus – Adm. Bill Rouse